Welcome to the tribe! We're excited to have you join our community whether you are new to the area and looking for a home studio, exploring, or just passing through! If you're brand new to yoga practice you may have some questions regarding expectations, setup, and arrival. Read on!
Our studio is located on the third floor of the historic Gardner House in Clarksburg, MD. The entrance is straight through the door from the parking lot. We ask that you please remove your shoes at the top of the stairs before entering the rest of the house to keep the space clean, (you are also welcome to wear socks if preferred). The second floor offers massage therapy, acupuncture, psychotherapy, and spiritual healing, (appointments available upon request). Follow the signs for the studio up the stairs to the third floor. If the door is closed for a class or private session, please whisper to respect clients receiving relaxation services on the second floor.
Upstairs you'll find a waiting room, studio space, and bathroom. You're welcome to store your things in the waiting room or leave them in your car. Please set your cell-phone to off or silent before class. If a class is full and floor space is tight we may ask you to move your things to the waiting room to make space for other practitioners–building community is part of the yoga experience! :)
Items to bring:
- Water bottle (we also offer water for $1).
- Comfortable workout clothing (you may consider bringing light, loose layers and socks for restorative or yin classes if you tend to get chilly easily. These classes include longer holds so blood pressure will lower and body temperature will slightly decrease).
- Yoga mat (we also rent yoga mats for $1 per visit).
- Mostly just bring your able-bodied self!
Which classes can I attend?
- All classes on our schedule are suitable for beginners, except those that are marked "Int/Adv". You can see our most up-to-date class Schedule on MindBody with any time changes, subs, cancellations, etc.
- We offer $12 drop-in community classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1pm.
New Student Special
We offer a new student special, $48 for a month of unlimited classes so that you have an opportunity to try a variety of classes and teachers and find which ones most resonate with your schedule and style preferences before exploring other Pricing options. (You can learn more about the differences in class styles on our Classes page). The new student special is only available the first time you visit our studio! Although you do not have to sign up ahead of time to drop-in, it is recommended to make sure you reserve a space for yourself.
Please reach out with any other questions that may come up! We hope you enjoy your experience and look forward to meeting you soon.