Welcome to the tribe! We're excited to have you join our community whether you're looking for a home studio, are new to the area, exploring, or just passing through! If you're brand new to yoga practice you may have some questions regarding expectations, setup, and arrival. Read on!
We are located on the third floor of the historic Gardner House in Clarksburg, MD. The entrance is straight through the door from the parking lot. We ask that you please remove your shoes at the top of the stairs before entering the rest of the house to keep the space clean, (you are also welcome to wear socks if you prefer). The second floor is composed of massage therapy, acupuncture, psychotherapy, and spiritual healing, (appointments available upon request). Follow the signs for the studio up the stairs to the third floor. If the door is closed for a class or private session, please whisper to respect clients receiving relaxation services on the second floor. You can resume talking in your normal voices upstairs!
Upstairs there's a waiting room, studio space, and bathroom. You're welcome to store your things in the waiting room or leave them in your car. Please make sure to turn your cell-phone to silent or off during class. If a class is full and floor space is tight we may ask you to move your things to the waiting room to make space for other practitioners– building community is part of the yoga experience! :)
Items to bring:
- Water bottle (we also offer water for $1).
- Comfortable workout clothing (you may consider bringing light, loose layers and socks for restorative or yin classes if you get cold easily. These classes include longer holds so blood pressure will lower and body temperature will decrease slightly).
- Yoga mat (we also rent yoga mats for $1 per session).
- Mostly just bring your able-bodied self!
Which classes can I attend?
- All classes on our schedule are suitable for a beginner level, except those that are marked "Int/Adv". You can see our most up-to-date class schedule on the MindBody app with schedule changes, teachers, subs, cancellations, etc.
- We offer $12 drop-in community classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1pm.
New Student Special
We offer a new student special, $48 for a month of unlimited classes, (in comparison to our $20 drop-in,) so that you have an opportunity to try a variety of classes and teachers and find which ones most resonate with your schedule and style preferences. You can learn more about the differences in class styles from our 'Classes' page). The new student special will only be available the first time you come to the studio. Although you do not have to sign up ahead of time to drop-in, it is recommended to make sure you reserve a space for yourself!
Please reach out with any other questions that may come up! We hope you enjoy your experience and hope to see you soon.